Saturday, March 25, 2006

Day 7, Atkins Girl Style

First off, have I mentioned that Atkins guy:
  • Used his real name, which is not exactly a common name...
  • Promoted this Atkins blog on other sites? I.e. Myspace? Which means that anyone with half a brain could figure out who Atkins Girl is. Doesn't Atkins Guy realize that women don't like complete strangers to know their weight? Thus the anonymity -- duh.
Oh well.

On Day 7, Atkins Girl can report that she has no clue if she's lost weight. Someone told her her face looked skinnier. Thus far her pants seem to fit the same. I think losing any significant weight in one week is an awful lot to ask. (Note how I switched from 3rd to 1st person in a single paragraph!)

Thus far I'm not eating as much as Atkins Guy. I can report that for the most part, eating a lot of fat and meat makes me full. Genuinely sated and not at all craving snacks or sweets. Yeah, I know... we'll see how long THAT lasts.

Last night was difficult, watching a movie rental with a friend and ording Brazilian takeout. My favorite veggie goat cheese sandwich is my FAVORITE veggie goat cheese sandwich precisely because they put it on such great bread. I had to scrape the yummy melted cheese OFF the crusty white bit of heaven and let the shell of what used to be a substantial sandwich stand alone, crying upside down against the plate. Fucking tragedy.

But somehow, because I know this diet works, I was able to do it.

Today, though, I had a crash. Cactus/Swiss/salami omelette at breakfast with another friend, and coffee (yes, Atkins Guy and I are cheating on that one little thing), and an iced tea, and a walk around the block. When I got home around 2:30, I was sapped of all energy and lolled around on the couch for an hour, making phone calls and almost slurring my words.

Ahhh yes -- the famous (I remember it well) Atkins Brain Fog. Ketosis (burning of body fat for fuel) has begun.

I've since then taken a shower and had a little snack of reheated leftover carne acelobedo (I think that's what it's called -- spiced beef tossed with onion), mixed with cold turkey breast lunch meat. I feel a touch more lively.

Tonight's challenges are twofold:
  • Find something on the Urth Caffe menu that I can actually eat
  • Survive a karaoke party without resorting to booze
I really, really hope I lose some weight soon. Just 10 pounds would triple my current available wardrobe.

No comments: